- How do you show category description?
- How do I show post category names in WordPress?
- How do I show category description in Woocommerce?
- What is a category description?
- How do I show all categories in a WordPress list?
- How do I fetch categories in WordPress?
- How do I show the category of a post?
- How can I get custom post type category?
- How can I get current category name?
- How do you add an extra category description in the product listing page?
- How do I show product description in WooCommerce shop?
- How do I add a product category in WooCommerce?
How do you show category description?
Display Category Description on Category Archive Page
Connect to your WordPress site using an FTP client and then go to /wp-content/themes/your-current-theme/ folder. Now you will need to locate and edit category. php file. If your theme doesn't have category.
How do I show post category names in WordPress?
To display the name of the first category: <? php $cat = get_the_category(); echo $cat->cat_name; ?> 0 displays the first category, so 1 will display the second category, 2 will display the third category, and so on.
How do I show category description in Woocommerce?
In wp-admin, go to Products > Categories and edit a category to make sure there is a description to display. Save the archive-product. php file above and view your category. You should now see the description.
What is a category description?
A category description is a paragraph or two of content on the page representing an entire category of items for sale. If you have a women's online clothing store, for example, you might have a unique category description on the pages for tops, bottoms, dresses, sportswear, and accessories.
How do I show all categories in a WordPress list?
$args = array( 'style' => 'none' ); Finally, you can ask WordPress to display a link to all your categories thanks to the option show_option_all . You give a string to this option, and WordPress will display a new link, pointing to all of your categories.
How do I fetch categories in WordPress?
See get_categories(), get_terms(), and WP_Term_Query::__construct() for information on additional accepted arguments.
- 'current_category' (int|int) ID of category, or array of IDs of categories, that should get the 'current-cat' class. ...
- 'depth' ...
- 'echo' ...
- 'exclude' ...
- 'exclude_tree' ...
- 'feed' ...
- 'feed_image' ...
How do I show the category of a post?
To find the category page, you simply need to go to Posts » Categories » View page and click on the 'View' link below a category. That being said, let's take a look at how to easily display recent posts by category in different areas of your website.
How can I get custom post type category?
To get the custom post type categories you need to change the arguments passed into the wp_list_categories function. You need to define the taxonomy argument. If you have a custom post type for your products then to display all the categories for products you need to use the following snippet.
How can I get current category name?
2 Answers. On a category page, you can use the function single_cat_title() , or the more generic single_term_title() . These functions pull from the global $wp_query object, via get_queried_object() .
How do you add an extra category description in the product listing page?
- Create a category attribute. Create the bottom_description attribute in the database. app/code/MilanDev/BottomDescription/Setup/InstallData.php <? ...
- Pull contents in the product listing page. Get the contents in template file.
How do I show product description in WooCommerce shop?
Function to get short description WooCommerce. The short description for products in WooCommerce utilizes the excerpt that you'd find in normal posts. So to show it, you should simply show the excerpt for the post. It's as basic as that!
How do I add a product category in WooCommerce?
In this post, you will learn how to add text to the category description in WooCommerce. The category description can be changed via your WordPress dashboard by clicking on Products->Categories and then clicking “Edit” below the name of the Category you want to edit.