Now, if you want to display all your posts from a specific category on a separate page, WordPress already takes care of this for you. To find the category page, you simply need to go to Posts » Categories » View page and click on the 'View' link below a category.
- How do I show post categories on a specific page?
- How do I get only one category on my WordPress homepage?
- How do I post a category on a page in WordPress?
- How do I display post by category?
- How do I use Display posts plugin?
- How do I add categories to my homepage?
- How do I find the category ID in WordPress?
- How do I see recent posts in WordPress?
- What is a category page in WordPress?
How do I show post categories on a specific page?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
How do I get only one category on my WordPress homepage?
Choose categories to display
First, install and activate the Front Page Category plugin. Next, visit the Customizer (Appearance > Customize). You'll see a new section named Front Page Categories. Open this section, and you'll find a checkbox available for every one of your categories.
How do I post a category on a page in WordPress?
Once a category has been assigned to the post, and the post is published, edit the navigation menu to add the category page:
- Open the Customizer. ...
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I display post by category?
First, you need to edit the post or page where you want to display the recent posts by category. On the post edit screen, click on the add new block button (+) and then look for the 'latest posts' block. You will see the block appear in the content area with a preview of your recent posts.
How do I use Display posts plugin?
The simplest way to query and display content in WordPress. Add the [display-posts] shortcode in a post or page. Use the query parameters to filter the results by tag, category, post type, and more. You can customize the output using the display parameters, or use a template part to match your theme exactly.
How do I add categories to my homepage?
Specify the desired css-class in the User-defined CSS-class input field if needed.
- Open the Content tab and select Manually in the Filling select box. Click Add categories, add the necessary categories, and click the Add categories and close button.
- Click the Save button.
How do I find the category ID in WordPress?
You can also view your WordPress category ID by editing it. Simply open a category to edit, and you'll see the category ID in the browser's address bar. It is the same URL which appeared when there was mouse hover on your category title.
How do I see recent posts in WordPress?
WordPress comes with a built-in default widget to display recent posts in your site's sidebar or any widget ready area. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and add the 'Recent Posts' widget to your sidebar.
What is a category page in WordPress?
WordPress category pages are the pages that list all the posts on your blog from a particular category. These pages give your readers a way to view all the posts on a certain topic or category in one place.