- How do I find parent category?
- How do I find parent and child category in WordPress?
- How do I find the category of a slug of post in WordPress?
- How do I remove a category from my WordPress URL?
- How do I hide parent pages in WordPress?
- Does WordPress have parent category?
- How do I show only parent categories in WordPress?
- How do I find the subcategory of a parent category in WordPress?
- How do I view child categories in WordPress?
- How do I get all the categories in WordPress?
- How do I get the current category in WordPress?
How do I find parent category?
You can insert inside header. php if you want to change titles in wordpress. This is how it works. First it gets the category name of wordpress post, and from it gets the Category ID of its parent then it gets the parent name with get_cat_name() function.
How do I find parent and child category in WordPress?
Use following code for to get children category of parent category. <? php $parent_cat_arg = array('hide_empty' => false, 'parent' => 0 ); $parent_cat = get_terms('category',$parent_cat_arg);//category name foreach ($parent_cat as $catVal) echo '<h2>'.
How do I find the category of a slug of post in WordPress?
php // get category slug in wordpress if ( is_single() ) $cats = get_the_category(); $cat = $cats; else $cat = get_category( get_query_var( 'cat' ) ); $cat_slug = $cat->slug; echo $cat_slug; ?>
How do I remove a category from my WordPress URL?
Remove Category in WordPress Permalinks
- Connect to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Settings >> Permalinks.
- Go to Custom Structure and put '/%category%/%postname%/'.
- Go to Category Base and type in a dot “. “.
- Save the changes.
How do I hide parent pages in WordPress?
Another method to hide parent theme in WordPress is by using a plugin. One of the best and most suitable plugins you can use is the WP Hide & Security Enhancer plugin. With this plugin, you can hide the core files of WordPress, plugins, and themes.
Does WordPress have parent category?
Adding a Child Category (Sub Category) in WordPress
Select the category that you want to use as the parent from the dropdown list. Similarly, you can also go to Posts » Categories to add child categories. Just type in the name for your child category and select the parent category from the dropdown menu.
How do I show only parent categories in WordPress?
Display Only Top-Level Parent Categories – WordPress
- $taxonomy = 'custom_taxonomy_name'; //Choose the taxonomy.
- $terms = get_terms( $taxonomy ); //Get all the terms.
- foreach ($terms as $term) //Cycle through terms, one at a time.
- $parent = $term->parent;
- if ( $parent=='0' )
How do I find the subcategory of a parent category in WordPress?
- Get Specific Post Category. The following code will get the category of a specific post. ...
- Get Subcategory from Parent Category. ...
- Name of Category Get by ID. ...
- Description of Category (Through ID) ...
- Description of Category (Get by Slug) ...
- Category Link (Get by ID) ...
- Wrapping up!
How do I view child categories in WordPress?
$categories=get_categories( array( 'parent' => $cat->cat_ID ) ); Notice that there are two similar but not equal "get child" parameters that you can use. child_of (integer) Display all categories that are descendants (i.e. children & grandchildren) of the category identified by its ID.
How do I get all the categories in WordPress?
$args = array( 'style' => 'none' ); Finally, you can ask WordPress to display a link to all your categories thanks to the option show_option_all . You give a string to this option, and WordPress will display a new link, pointing to all of your categories.
How do I get the current category in WordPress?
To fetch the post category, you need to use something called as get_the_category() function. $the_cat = get_the_category(); This function returns the current post category if you use it inside a loop. However if you want to use it outside of the loop then you'll need to pass the post ID as a parameter.