While it's possible to edit the theme files in use on your website to create your own custom category pages, the free Enhanced Category Pages plugin gives you an easier way to customize and add your own content to these pages, effectively turning them into landing pages for the individual topics you cover on your blog.
- How do I create a category page in WordPress?
- Can you categorize pages in WordPress?
- What is a category page?
- Can Elementor edit category page?
- How many pages can a WordPress site have?
- How do I assign a page in WordPress?
- Can I have 2 blog pages in WordPress?
- How do I create a category page?
- What is a category?
- What are examples of categories?
How do I create a category page in WordPress?
Once a category has been assigned to the post, and the post is published, edit the navigation menu to add the category page:
- Open the Customizer. ...
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
Can you categorize pages in WordPress?
By default both categories and tags are only limited to posts, so when you create a new page in WordPress, you will notice that there is no option to add categories or tags to your WordPress page. Recently one of our readers asked us if there was a way to have categories and tags work with both post and pages.
What is a category page?
Categories group individual Web pages together based on a similar subject or theme. Widely used in blogging platforms like WordPress, categories give order and structure to a website's content, or its taxonomy.
Can Elementor edit category page?
Hello, to edit archives/taxonomies pages like the category page, you will need to sue Elementor Pro, they allow users to edit them via Elementor > Templates.
How many pages can a WordPress site have?
There is no limit on how many pages you create in WordPress and it is possible to create a website with only pages and not using posts at all. Even though pages are supposed to have static content, but that does not mean users can not update them. Pages can be updated as often as user want to update them.
How do I assign a page in WordPress?
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings:
- Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. ...
- Next, on the Posts page dropdown, select the “Posts” page you created. ...
- Last, click on Publish for these changes to take effect.
Can I have 2 blog pages in WordPress?
You Can't Have Multiple Blogs. At least, not by default. The way that the WordPress Core is set up, each installation is an individual site. It has one database with one set of users tied to it.
How do I create a category page?
- The Ideal Look and Feel of a Category Page Design. ...
- Displaying the Most Relevant Filters. ...
- Sorting Options. ...
- Customer Segmentation. ...
- Increasing Conversion on Your Category Pages. ...
- Why the Best Ecommerce Category Pages Use Personalization. ...
- Infinite Scroll, Pagination and “Load more” ...
- Product Information.
What is a category?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
What are examples of categories?
The definition of a category is any sort of division or class. An example of category is food that is made from grains. A class or division in a scheme of classification. Any of the various basic concepts into which all knowledge can be classified.