- How do I display sub categories?
- How do I display all subcategories from a specific category in WordPress?
- How do I show sub categories in WordPress posts?
- How do I find subcategories of a category in WordPress?
- How do I show all categories in WooCommerce?
- What is meant by sub category?
- How do I view child categories in WordPress?
- How do I find parent category in WordPress?
- What is a category?
- What is category and sub category?
- How do I add a category menu in WordPress?
How do I display sub categories?
If you haven't already, open the Customizer, select the WooCommerce tab, and click on Product Catalog. Under Shop page display, select Show categories & products, and under Category display, select Show subcategories & products.
How do I display all subcategories from a specific category in WordPress?
$product_category = wp_get_post_terms( $post->ID, 'product_cat' );
How do I show sub categories in WordPress posts?
Tip: Categories will only display on the list if you've assigned at least 1 published post to them. You can change it to show the child categories (subcategories) beneath their parent categories, if you want. Simply check the 'Show hierarchy' box in the widget like this.
How do I find subcategories of a category in WordPress?
How to Get Categories and Subcategories in WordPress
- Get Specific Post Category.
- Get Subcategory from Parent Category.
- Name of Category Get by ID.
- Description of Category (Through ID)
- Description of Category (Get by Slug)
- Category Link (Get by ID)
How do I show all categories in WooCommerce?
If you want to display product categories on your Shop page instead of just products, follow these steps:
- Click on Appearance > Customize.
- Then go to WooCommerce > Product Catalog.
- Select “Show categories” from Shop Page Display.
- Click on Save Changes.
What is meant by sub category?
: a category that is a subdivision of a larger category : a secondary category grouping the books into the appropriate categories and subcategories A new subcategory of vodkas, which provide a contrast to the "tasteless" aspect of this spirit, are the flavored vodkas …—
How do I view child categories in WordPress?
$categories=get_categories( array( 'parent' => $cat->cat_ID ) ); Notice that there are two similar but not equal "get child" parameters that you can use. child_of (integer) Display all categories that are descendants (i.e. children & grandchildren) of the category identified by its ID.
How do I find parent category in WordPress?
Here is the PHP Code that can display out the name of the parent category. <? php $category = get_the_category(); $parent = get_cat_name($category->category_parent); if (! empty($parent)) echo $parent; else echo $category->cat_name; ?>
- parent category.
What is a category?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
What is category and sub category?
As nouns the difference between subcategory and category
is that subcategory is with respect to a given category, a more narrow category while category is a group, often named or numbered, to which items are assigned based on similarity or defined criteria.
How do I add a category menu in WordPress?
Once a category has been assigned to the post, and the post is published, edit the navigation menu to add the category page:
- Open the Customizer. ...
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.