- How do I show category names in WordPress posts?
- How do I show post categories on a specific page?
- How do I show the category of a WordPress page?
- How do you show category description?
- Is WordPress a category page?
- How do I display post by category?
- How do I view a specific post on a page in WordPress?
- What is a category page?
- How do I create a category page?
- Can you add categories to pages in WordPress?
How do I show category names in WordPress posts?
Navigate to your WordPress Admin Dashboard > Click on Posts > Categories. On the Categories page, you can edit your category or add a new one. You can update your category description by putting relevant content in the Category description box.
How do I show post categories on a specific page?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
How do I show the category of a WordPress page?
In order to display that page, you just need to do some simple steps:
- Go to Posts → Categories.
- Navigate to Categories, then click View under your desired category.
How do you show category description?
Display Category Description on Category Archive Page
Connect to your WordPress site using an FTP client and then go to /wp-content/themes/your-current-theme/ folder. Now you will need to locate and edit category. php file. If your theme doesn't have category.
Is WordPress a category page?
4 Answers. I have found the way to do it by checking if $cat_id is available or not on that page by the following. $cat_id = get_query_var('cat'); Now we can check if $cat_id is available then it is a category page otherwise it is not.
How do I display post by category?
First, you need to edit the post or page where you want to display the recent posts by category. On the post edit screen, click on the add new block button (+) and then look for the 'latest posts' block. You will see the block appear in the content area with a preview of your recent posts.
How do I view a specific post on a page in WordPress?
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and add the 'Recent Posts' widget to your sidebar. The built-in Recent Posts widget doesn't offer many options. You can give the widget a title, choose whether or not to show the dates of posts, and add the number of posts you want to display.
What is a category page?
Categories group individual Web pages together based on a similar subject or theme. Widely used in blogging platforms like WordPress, categories give order and structure to a website's content, or its taxonomy.
How do I create a category page?
Category Pages and Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Site(s) → Appearance → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
Can you add categories to pages in WordPress?
You can now add Categories to the Pages just like you do it for your Posts. Now you can get the pages with specific category with the help of query post/wp_query.