- How do I show posts from a specific category in WordPress?
- How do I find a specific post on WordPress?
- How do you call a category post in WordPress?
- How do I get posts from API?
- How do I show categories in WordPress?
- How do I get the current category in WordPress?
- How do I find the category slug in WordPress?
- How do I show all categories in a WordPress list?
- How do I display post by category?
- How do I get all posts in WordPress API?
- What is WP JSON?
- How do I enable REST API in WordPress?
How do I show posts from a specific category in WordPress?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
How do I find a specific post on WordPress?
WordPress comes with a built-in default widget to display recent posts in your site's sidebar or any widget ready area. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and add the 'Recent Posts' widget to your sidebar. The built-in Recent Posts widget doesn't offer many options.
How do you call a category post in WordPress?
<? php $displayposts = new WP_Query(); //get posts from your news category $displayposts->query('cat=5'); while ($displayposts->have_posts()) : $displayposts->the_post(); ?>
How do I get posts from API?
To use the WordPress REST API, simply add /wp-json/wp/v2/posts to the end of your WordPress site URL. This will give you a list of posts (in JSON format). The default number of posts returned is 10, but you can choose to show more or less with the per_page argument — we'll talk about that below.
How do I show categories in WordPress?
When a category is created, WordPress will automatically generate a page including posts from that category. In order to display that page, you just need to do some simple steps: Go to Posts → Categories. Navigate to Categories, then click View under your desired category.
How do I get the current category in WordPress?
To fetch the post category, you need to use something called as get_the_category() function. $the_cat = get_the_category(); This function returns the current post category if you use it inside a loop. However if you want to use it outside of the loop then you'll need to pass the post ID as a parameter.
How do I find the category slug in WordPress?
php $catObj = get_category_by_slug('category-slug'); $catName = $catObj->name; ?> If you want to get category details by category name , category slug , and category ID then you should use get_term_by() .
How do I show all categories in a WordPress list?
$args = array( 'style' => 'none' ); Finally, you can ask WordPress to display a link to all your categories thanks to the option show_option_all . You give a string to this option, and WordPress will display a new link, pointing to all of your categories.
How do I display post by category?
First, you need to edit the post or page where you want to display the recent posts by category. On the post edit screen, click on the add new block button (+) and then look for the 'latest posts' block. You will see the block appear in the content area with a preview of your recent posts.
How do I get all posts in WordPress API?
Get all posts from WordPress REST API
- Using PHP. We're using PHP's multi cURL. This means that we are doing multiple REST calls, but doing them simultaneously. ...
What is WP JSON?
How do I enable REST API in WordPress?
Here's how to install it:
- Download the WordPress REST API Basic Auth plugin.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard and go to Plugins -> Add New. Click on the Upload Plugin button and select the plugin's zip file.
- Go to the Installed Plugins menu and activate the plugin from there.