- How do I fix a duplicate title tag in WordPress?
- How do I get the category name on my WordPress archive?
- How do I change the category page layout in WordPress?
- How do I show category title in WordPress?
- How do you solve two issues with duplicate title tags?
- What WordPress function will display the category title in the Archive page?
- How do I find the archive page in WordPress?
- How do I view the title of a WordPress archive?
- How do I assign a category to a page in WordPress?
- How do I show category page in WordPress?
- Where is the category page in WordPress?
How do I fix a duplicate title tag in WordPress?
FIX 1: Log into WordPress and go to the Yoast plugin options. It should be labeled 'SEO' on the menu bar. Go to 'Titles & Metas' and under the 'General' tab you should see an options for 'Enable force rewrite titles. ' Make sure this is unchecked.
How do I get the category name on my WordPress archive?
- For category use single_cat_title function: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/single_cat_title.
- For tag use single_tag_title function: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/single_tag_title.
- For date use get_the_date function: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_date.
How do I change the category page layout in WordPress?
Formatting WordPress category pages
One way to change the layout of your category pages is to edit the /category/ page template. However, editing the /category/page template from within the WordPress dashboard is not recommended for two reasons, Because you will need to know php code in order to do this.
How do I show category title in WordPress?
2 Answers. On a category page, you can use the function single_cat_title() , or the more generic single_term_title() . These functions pull from the global $wp_query object, via get_queried_object() .
How do you solve two issues with duplicate title tags?
In this case you should use the rel="canonical" tag. The rel="canonical" tag should be put into the duplicate page and should point to the original page. If you have two pages with different content but the same page title you should think about giving the individual pages page titles that are more specific.
What WordPress function will display the category title in the Archive page?
single_cat_title( string $prefix = '', bool $display = true ) Display or retrieve page title for category archive.
How do I find the archive page in WordPress?
Go to your WordPress admin panel and add a new page (Pages » New). You can call this page Archives, Library, or anything else that you like. Now look at the meta boxes below the publish button on the right hand side of your screen. You should see a meta box called Page Attributes.
How do I view the title of a WordPress archive?
the_archive_title( string $before = '', string $after = '' )
Display the archive title based on the queried object.
How do I assign a category to a page in WordPress?
Once a category has been assigned to the post, and the post is published, edit the navigation menu to add the category page:
- Open the Customizer. ...
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I show category page in WordPress?
In order to display that page, you just need to do some simple steps:
- Go to Posts → Categories.
- Navigate to Categories, then click View under your desired category.
Where is the category page in WordPress?
Connect to your WordPress hosting using an FTP client and then go to /wp-content/themes/your-current-theme/ and upload your category-design. php file to your theme directory. Now, any changes you make to this template will only appear in this particular category's archive page.