- How do I show posts from a specific category on a page in WordPress?
- Why are my WordPress categories not showing?
- Are categories and tags available for pages?
- What is the difference between tags and categories?
- How do I display post by category?
- How do I assign a category to a page in WordPress?
- How do I add a category to a menu in Wordpress?
- How do you show product category in menu?
- How do I add a menu in WooCommerce?
- How do you tag content?
- Should I Noindex category pages?
- Should I use categories or tags in WordPress?
How do I show posts from a specific category on a page in WordPress?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
Why are my WordPress categories not showing?
If not able to work with category structure that means the error is in the Installation of the WordPress and the Theme. You have to do it again to solve the issue. Only do if you have some technical knowlwdge. Goto theme Appearance and click on menu and select which you have created a category and add to show in menu …
Are categories and tags available for pages?
Once activated, navigate to Pages > Categories and you will find post categories and tags now available for your pages.
What is the difference between tags and categories?
Tags and categories on posts are used to help readers locate information in different ways. Categories are like chapters of a book; they provide a general overview of the topics you blog about. Whereas tags are more like the index at the back of the book and explode the topic into a million bits.
How do I display post by category?
First, you need to edit the post or page where you want to display the recent posts by category. On the post edit screen, click on the add new block button (+) and then look for the 'latest posts' block. You will see the block appear in the content area with a preview of your recent posts.
How do I assign a category to a page in WordPress?
Once a category has been assigned to the post, and the post is published, edit the navigation menu to add the category page:
- Open the Customizer. ...
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I add a category to a menu in Wordpress?
Adding WooCommerce Product Categories to the menu should be fairly simple. When you are in your menu editor (Appearance > Menus) click “Screen Options” in the upper right corner of the page, and ensure Product Categories is checked. Then it will show up in your selection area on the left side of the window.
How do you show product category in menu?
How to display WooCommerce categories in your menu
- Step 1: Enable WooCommerce Categories. Go to Appearance > Menus and expand the “Screen Options” section at the top right of the page. ...
- Step 2: Menu Setup. Create a Shop menu item then add your Product categories as sub menu items. ...
- Step 3: Mega Menu Setup. ...
- Step 4: Adding Icons to the categories. ...
- Step 5: Styling the text.
How do I add a menu in WooCommerce?
Adding WooCommerce Products
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Make sure you select the correct menu from the drop-down.
- Click on “Select” to load the menu.
- Select the “Products” tab.
- Check the Product to be added.
- Press the “Add to Menu” or “Add to Column” button.
How do you tag content?
- Highly relevant to the content. Subject matter tags should reflect what the content is about, not everything it mentions. ...
- Strike a balance between general and specific. ...
- Keep them short. ...
- SPELLING! ...
- Use existing tags (whenever possible) ...
- Consider the end use.
Should I Noindex category pages?
Concluding with our original question – yes, you should look to noindex, or deoptimize, your category and archive pages if they are causing direct conflicts with rankings.
Should I use categories or tags in WordPress?
According to the WordPress definition, categories allow you to broadly group post topics, while you can use tags to describe your post in more detail. In an ideal world, we would use categories to group the content on your website into — say — eight to ten global segments.