Then, go to the Users screen and click on the Edit link next to the user you want to restrict. On the user's profile page, scroll down to the Restrict Author Post to a Category section and select the category for the user to post into. Voila!
- How do I limit a specific category in WordPress?
- How do I hide specific category from post?
- Does the user with author permission have the ability to create a category?
- How do I show only one category in a WordPress post?
- How do I make a user specific content in WordPress?
- How do I allow editors to only edit certain pages in WordPress?
- How do you use Ultimate Category Excluder?
- What is exclude in WordPress?
- When would you use a post instead of a page?
- Which plugin you can use to create an LMS?
- Which is highest privilege level in WordPress?
How do I limit a specific category in WordPress?
After you've activated the plugin, go to Users » All Users and then click on 'Edit' for the user profile you want to restrict. On their profile page, you'll need to scroll to the bottom. You will see a section where you can select categories that you want to restrict the user's ability to post to.
How do I hide specific category from post?
How to Hide Category in WordPress?
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for 'Ultimate Category Excluder', Install and Activate it.
- Go to Settings > Category Excluder.
- Checkmark the categories you want to hide.
- Click on Update.
Does the user with author permission have the ability to create a category?
The author role has far fewer permissions than editors. They can create, edit, and publish their own posts. ... Authors can't create or edit categories, but they can choose from existing categories and create new tags to add to their posts. They can also upload images and other media files.
How do I show only one category in a WordPress post?
First find the category ID number of the category you want to show up. You can do this by mousing over the category title (Posts > Categories), and then look in the bottom of your browser. You should see the category ID among a string of other messy info.
How do I make a user specific content in WordPress?
Do all the usual WordPress stuff like naming, picking a parent and template etc. You'll want to pick a page template that allows for a specific, custom sidebar. Then scroll down to the User Specific Content meta box. The meta box is where we will set individual settings for this specific page.
How do I allow editors to only edit certain pages in WordPress?
Simply edit the page where you want the editor to be able to make changes. Next, click on the 'Screen Options' button at the top right corner of the screen and make sure that the checkbox next to 'Author' option is checked. Now scroll down to the author meta box and select the user you want to be able to edit the page.
How do you use Ultimate Category Excluder?
Using Ultimate Category Excluder
- Go to Settings and click, “Category Excluder.”
- In this screen, you can choose which categories you want to show. ...
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and click, “Update.”
- Now, those categories you selected are no longer visible from the homepage.
What is exclude in WordPress?
With this plugin you can exclude any page, post or whatever from the WordPress search results by checking off the corresponding checkbox on post/page edit page. Supports quick and bulk edit. On the plugin settings page you can also see the list of all the items that are hidden from search.
When would you use a post instead of a page?
Think of pages as your static content or “one-off” kind of content that will seldom need changing. This might for example be your About page, and is seen as timeless entities. Posts on the other hand are your blog entries or dynamic content that gets added regularly. Lets have a look at the two in more detail.
Which plugin you can use to create an LMS?
LearnDash is a popular and easy to use WordPress LMS plugin with many powerful features. It comes with a simple drag and drop course builder, which allows you to easily create multi-layer courses with lessons, topics, quizzes, and categories.
Which is highest privilege level in WordPress?
The WordPress User Levels range from 0 to 10. A User Level 0 (zero) is the lowest possible Level and User Level 10 is the highest Level--meaning User Level 10 has absolute authority (highest permission level).