- How do I hide specific category from post?
- How do I show category list in WordPress?
- How do you call a category in WordPress?
- How do I get a list of all categories in Woocommerce?
- How do I hide tags and categories in WooCommerce?
- How do you show category list?
- How do I get the category name for a custom post type in WordPress?
- How do I show posts from a specific category on a page in WordPress?
- What is Category example?
- What is a category?
- What is the difference between categories and tags in WordPress?
How do I hide specific category from post?
How to Hide Category in WordPress?
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for 'Ultimate Category Excluder', Install and Activate it.
- Go to Settings > Category Excluder.
- Checkmark the categories you want to hide.
- Click on Update.
How do I show category list in WordPress?
By default, wp_list_categories() displays the list of our categories. If you don't want that and prefer to store the result in a variable to display it later, you can set echo to 0 . $args = array( 'echo' => 0 ); $cats = wp_list_categories($args); This can be useful if you want to modify the list before displaying it.
How do you call a category in WordPress?
If you want to display category description inside a single post, then you can use this code. $catID = get_the_category(); echo category_description( $catID  ); This code simply gets all categories for the current post and then outputs the category description of the first category.
How do I get a list of all categories in Woocommerce?
function get_me_list_of($atts, $content = null) $args = array( 'post_type' => 'product', 'posts_per_page' => 10, 'product_cat' => $atts); $loop = new WP_Query( $args ); echo '<h1>Style '. $atts.
How do I hide tags and categories in WooCommerce?
Log into your WordPress site and access the Dashboard as the admin user. From the Dashboard menu, click on Appearance Menu > Theme Editor Menu. When the Theme Editor page is opened, look for the theme functions file to add the function to hide the “All Products > Tags” link from the admin menu.
How do you show category list?
The answer can be: $categories = get_categories(); echo '<ul>'; foreach ($categories as $category) echo '<li>'. $category->cat_name .
How do I get the category name for a custom post type in WordPress?
is_wp_error( $terms ) ) : $names = array(); $slugs = array(); foreach ( $terms as $term ) $names = $term->name; $slugs = $term->slug; $name_list = join( " / ", $names ); $slug_list = join( " category-", $slugs ); endif; ?>
How do I show posts from a specific category on a page in WordPress?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
What is Category example?
The definition of a category is any sort of division or class. An example of category is food that is made from grains. ... A group, often named or numbered, to which items are assigned based on similarity or defined criteria. This steep and dangerous climb belongs to the most difficult category.
What is a category?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
What is the difference between categories and tags in WordPress?
The main difference between categories and tags is the way you use them. In a way, categories are meant to indicate the genre of the post, so to speak. Tags, on the other hand, go much more in depth and indicate the individual things that the post talks about.