- How do I show a list of child pages in a parent page in WordPress?
- How do I show subpages in WordPress?
- How do parent pages work in WordPress?
- How do I enable page attributes in WordPress?
- How do I select a parent page in WordPress?
- What are child pages?
- What is the difference between pages and posts in WordPress?
- How do I post on different pages in WordPress?
- How do I add a new page in WordPress?
- Are Parent Pages good for SEO?
- What are parent and child pages?
- How do I add a page to a drop down menu in WordPress?
How do I show a list of child pages in a parent page in WordPress?
After you have created your parent and child pages, you may want to list child pages on the main parent page. Now an easy way to do this is by manually editing the parent page and add a list of links individually. However, you'll need to manually edit the parent page each time you add or delete a child page.
How do I show subpages in WordPress?
Place the code below in your content-page. php file in order to display your subpage content on its parent page. <? php $mypages = get_pages( array( 'child_of' => $post->ID, 'sort_column' => 'post_date', 'sort_order' => 'desc' ) ); foreach( $mypages as $page ) $content = $page->post_content; if ( !
How do parent pages work in WordPress?
Using Parent Pages is a good way to organize your Site Pages into hierarchies. A parent page is a top level page, with child pages nested under it. For example, you could have an “About” page as a top level or parent page, and then have child pages “Life Story” and “My Dogs” under it.
How do I enable page attributes in WordPress?
- Go to Pages -> All Pages in your dashboard.
- Find the page About and click the title.
- Locate the Page Attributes metabox to the right of the editor.
- Put the number 1 in the box for Order. This tells WordPress to display this page first on your blog.
- Click the Update button.
How do I select a parent page in WordPress?
Simply go to the Pages » Add New to create a new page or edit an existing page in your WordPress admin area. On the right side, you will see Page Attributes box with Parent dropdown. In the Parent drop-down, you will see the list of all pages from your site.
What are child pages?
A child page is a page that “lives” in hierarchy underneath another page (the parent).
What is the difference between pages and posts in WordPress?
Here's the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site's blog page. ... WordPress pages do not have a publish date and are meant for static, timeless content.
How do I post on different pages in WordPress?
In the WordPress admin, go to Pages > Add New. Create a new page called Home and add whatever content to it that you want to use on your home page. Click the Publish button to publish it. Then repeat this, creating another page called Blog.
How do I add a new page in WordPress?
To get started adding a new page to your WordPress site, find the Pages menu in the WordPress Dashboard Navigation menu. Click Add New. You'll now see the WordPress page editor. WordPress 5.0 introduced an entirely new editor with a new approach to adding content to your new page called the WordPress Block Editor.
Are Parent Pages good for SEO?
Although it can positively influence your SEO to have parent page keywords in the URL, it isn't more important than the navigation experience visitors have on your website.
What are parent and child pages?
In a hierarchical post type, you can place posts in a certain hierarchy by selecting a parent page. This often means the parent page covers an overarching theme and groups various child pages that are topically related. A child page can only have one parent page, but a parent page can have multiple child pages.
How do I add a page to a drop down menu in WordPress?
How to create a WordPress dropdown menu with core functionality
- Step 1: Create a menu (if needed) If you don't already have a menu, enter a name in the Menu Name box and then click the Create Menu button. ...
- Step 2: Add links to menu. ...
- Step 3: Arrange menu items using drag and drop. ...
- Step 4: Choose menu location.