- How do I show post categories on a specific page?
- How do I show a specific category in a WordPress post?
- How do I make a single category page in WordPress?
- How do I use Display posts plugin?
- How do you display all posts category wise of a custom post type?
- How do I view single posts in WordPress?
- How do I create a custom category page?
- How do you customize category pages?
- What is a category page?
- How do you display posts?
- How do I use smart recent post widget?
- How do I add thumbnails to recent post widget?
How do I show post categories on a specific page?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
How do I show a specific category in a WordPress post?
Now, if you want to display all your posts from a specific category on a separate page, WordPress already takes care of this for you. To find the category page, you simply need to go to Posts » Categories » View page and click on the 'View' link below a category.
How do I make a single category page in WordPress?
Once a category has been assigned to the post, and the post is published, edit the navigation menu to add the category page:
- Open the Customizer. ...
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I use Display posts plugin?
The simplest way to query and display content in WordPress. Add the [display-posts] shortcode in a post or page. Use the query parameters to filter the results by tag, category, post type, and more. You can customize the output using the display parameters, or use a template part to match your theme exactly.
How do you display all posts category wise of a custom post type?
php // query category 1 $type = 'course'; $args1=array( 'post_type' => $type, 'post_status' => 'publish', 'posts_per_page' => -1, 'category_name' => 'slug_name' // added the category name enter the slug name as defined in the category 'caller_get_posts'=> 1); // query category 2 $type = 'course'; $args2=array( ' ...
How do I view single posts in WordPress?
- Create a file named single.php. This will automatically get all you single posts. For more information about WordPress' template hierarchy, read the Codex.
- Inside single.php, run the default loop and get header.php, sidebar.php and footer.php. <? php get_header(); ?> <?
How do I create a custom category page?
Connect to your WordPress hosting using an FTP client and then go to /wp-content/themes/your-current-theme/ and upload your category-design. php file to your theme directory. Now, any changes you make to this template will only appear in this particular category's archive page.
How do you customize category pages?
Enhanced Category Pages works by letting you edit your category pages with all of the same WordPress Editor options you have when writing posts or pages. Once you click on Enhanced Edit, you'll see what looks like the normal WordPress Editor: Any content that you add here will go straight to your custom category pages.
What is a category page?
Categories group individual Web pages together based on a similar subject or theme. Widely used in blogging platforms like WordPress, categories give order and structure to a website's content, or its taxonomy.
How do you display posts?
Click on the quick links to jump straight to that method:
- Use WordPress's Latest Posts Gutenberg Block.
- Use the WordPress Recent Posts Widget.
- Use the Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails Plugin.
- Display Recent Posts Using a Shortcode.
- Display Recent Posts Manually in WordPress.
How do I use smart recent post widget?
Installing Via FTP
- Download the plugin to your hardisk.
- Upload the smart-recent-posts-widget folder into your plugins directory.
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel and click the Plugins menu.
- Then activate the plugin.
- Go to the widgets page Appearance -> Widgets.
- Find Smart Recent Posts widget.
How do I add thumbnails to recent post widget?
- Navigate to the 'Add New' in the plugins dashboard.
- Search for 'Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails'
- Click 'Install Now'
- Activate the plugin on the Plugin dashboard.
- Go to 'Appereance' => 'Widgets' and select 'Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails'