- How do I show only one category in a WordPress post?
- How do I show the category name in an archive page in WordPress?
- How do I hide specific category from post?
- What is category archive?
- How do I display post by category?
- How do I get the current category in WordPress?
- How do I get a list of category names in WordPress?
- How do I find the archive title in WordPress?
- Is WordPress a category page?
- How do I remove category title in WordPress?
- What is exclude in WordPress?
How do I show only one category in a WordPress post?
First find the category ID number of the category you want to show up. You can do this by mousing over the category title (Posts > Categories), and then look in the bottom of your browser. You should see the category ID among a string of other messy info.
How do I show the category name in an archive page in WordPress?
- For category use single_cat_title function: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/single_cat_title.
- For tag use single_tag_title function: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/single_tag_title.
- For date use get_the_date function: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_date.
How do I hide specific category from post?
How to Hide Category in WordPress?
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for 'Ultimate Category Excluder', Install and Activate it.
- Go to Settings > Category Excluder.
- Checkmark the categories you want to hide.
- Click on Update.
What is category archive?
The archive of a taxonomy is the list of posts in a taxonomy that is automatically generated by WordPress. For example, this would be the page you see when you click on a category link and see all posts in that category.
How do I display post by category?
First, you need to edit the post or page where you want to display the recent posts by category. On the post edit screen, click on the add new block button (+) and then look for the 'latest posts' block. You will see the block appear in the content area with a preview of your recent posts.
How do I get the current category in WordPress?
To fetch the post category, you need to use something called as get_the_category() function. $the_cat = get_the_category(); This function returns the current post category if you use it inside a loop. However if you want to use it outside of the loop then you'll need to pass the post ID as a parameter.
How do I get a list of category names in WordPress?
So according to WordPress Codex:
- get_categories() does query for all the categories of a site, and returns an array.
- Similarly get_posts() does query for all the posts of a site, and returns an array.
How do I find the archive title in WordPress?
get_the_archive_title() Retrieve the archive title based on the queried object.
Is WordPress a category page?
4 Answers. I have found the way to do it by checking if $cat_id is available or not on that page by the following. $cat_id = get_query_var('cat'); Now we can check if $cat_id is available then it is a category page otherwise it is not.
How do I remove category title in WordPress?
It's easy to do that. Simply open the functions. php file in your theme and add the following code at the end of the file: function prefix_category_title( $title ) if ( is_category() ) $title = single_cat_title( '', false ); return $title; add_filter( 'get_the_archive_title', 'prefix_category_title' );
What is exclude in WordPress?
With this plugin you can exclude any page, post or whatever from the WordPress search results by checking off the corresponding checkbox on post/page edit page. ... On the plugin settings page you can also see the list of all the items that are hidden from search.