- How do I find the subcategory of a parent category in WordPress?
- How do I show the subcategory of a category in WordPress?
- How do I view child categories in WordPress?
- How do I display all subcategories from a specific category in WooCommerce?
- How do I show categories in WordPress?
- How do I find categories in WordPress?
- How do I display sub categories?
- How do I assign a post to a category in WordPress?
- How do I add a category to a menu in WordPress?
- Is WordPress a child category?
- What are categories on WordPress?
- How do I add a parent category in WordPress?
How do I find the subcategory of a parent category in WordPress?
- Get Specific Post Category. The following code will get the category of a specific post. ...
- Get Subcategory from Parent Category. ...
- Name of Category Get by ID. ...
- Description of Category (Through ID) ...
- Description of Category (Get by Slug) ...
- Category Link (Get by ID) ...
- Wrapping up!
How do I show the subcategory of a category in WordPress?
php if($this_category->category_parent) $this_category = wp_list_categories('orderby=id &title_li=&use_desc_for_title=1&child_of='. $this_category->category_parent. "&echo=0"); else $this_category = wp_list_categories('orderby=id&depth=1 &title_li=&use_desc_for_title=1&child_of='. $this_category->cat_ID.
How do I view child categories in WordPress?
$categories=get_categories( array( 'parent' => $cat->cat_ID ) ); Notice that there are two similar but not equal "get child" parameters that you can use. child_of (integer) Display all categories that are descendants (i.e. children & grandchildren) of the category identified by its ID.
How do I display all subcategories from a specific category in WooCommerce?
The parent category ID can easily be identified by navigating to WooCommerce > Categoriess, selecting the parent category concerned, and clicking to edit the category. The id would be revealed in the url. Once you have updated the parent category ID, you can refresh the page and the sub-categories would be displayed.
How do I show categories in WordPress?
Step 1: Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Posts > Categories. Be sure you have all of the categories created that you'd like included on your new page. Step 2: Hover your mouse over one of the category titles you want to include and look at the bottom of your screen.
How do I find categories in WordPress?
To create new categories in WordPress, go to Posts > Categories page. On the left side of the page, you will see a tab that allows you to create categories. Fill in the category name, its slug (will be used in the category URLs), the category description and then press Add New Category.
How do I display sub categories?
If you haven't already, open the Customizer, select the WooCommerce tab, and click on Product Catalog. Under Shop page display, select Show categories & products, and under Category display, select Show subcategories & products.
How do I assign a post to a category in WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Post Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I add a category to a menu in WordPress?
Adding WooCommerce Product Categories to the menu should be fairly simple. When you are in your menu editor (Appearance > Menus) click “Screen Options” in the upper right corner of the page, and ensure Product Categories is checked. Then it will show up in your selection area on the left side of the window.
Is WordPress a child category?
function category_has_children() global $wpdb; $term = get_queried_object(); $category_children_check = $wpdb->get_results(" SELECT * FROM wp_term_taxonomy WHERE parent = '$term->term_id' "); if ($category_children_check) return true; else return false; <? ... php if (!
What are categories on WordPress?
What are categories in WordPress? In short, categories are the most general method of grouping content on a WordPress site. A category symbolizes a topic or a group of topics that are connected to one another in some way. Sometimes, a post can belong to many categories at the same time.
How do I add a parent category in WordPress?
To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the name for your child category, adding the description and slug are optional. Now click the “Add New Category“ button and your child category will be created.