- How do I get pages to show posts from certain categories?
- Why are my WordPress categories not showing?
- How do I show category posts in WordPress?
- How do I show post by category in WordPress Elementor?
- How do you display all posts category wise of a custom post type?
- How do I use Display posts plugin?
- How do I add a category to a menu in Wordpress?
- How do you show product category in menu?
- How do I show product categories on WooCommerce shop page?
- How do I find the category of a URL in WordPress?
- How do I show all categories in a WordPress list?
- How do I find the current category ID in WordPress?
How do I get pages to show posts from certain categories?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
Why are my WordPress categories not showing?
If not able to work with category structure that means the error is in the Installation of the WordPress and the Theme. You have to do it again to solve the issue. Only do if you have some technical knowlwdge. Goto theme Appearance and click on menu and select which you have created a category and add to show in menu …
How do I show category posts in WordPress?
Create Page Template In WordPress
Create a file template-category. php in your active theme's directory and add the below comment at the top of a file. Next, go to your WordPress dashboard, create your page where you want to display posts. Assign the above template to this newly created page.
How do I show post by category in WordPress Elementor?
In order to display posts from specific categories by using Post Carousel in Elementor:
- Add a new page or edit an existing one.
- Click on Edit with Elementor button.
- From the left dashboard, search for a Posts Carousel.
- Drag and drop the Posts Carousel element to your page.
How do you display all posts category wise of a custom post type?
php // query category 1 $type = 'course'; $args1=array( 'post_type' => $type, 'post_status' => 'publish', 'posts_per_page' => -1, 'category_name' => 'slug_name' // added the category name enter the slug name as defined in the category 'caller_get_posts'=> 1); // query category 2 $type = 'course'; $args2=array( ' ...
How do I use Display posts plugin?
The simplest way to query and display content in WordPress. Add the [display-posts] shortcode in a post or page. Use the query parameters to filter the results by tag, category, post type, and more. You can customize the output using the display parameters, or use a template part to match your theme exactly.
How do I add a category to a menu in Wordpress?
Adding WooCommerce Product Categories to the menu should be fairly simple. When you are in your menu editor (Appearance > Menus) click “Screen Options” in the upper right corner of the page, and ensure Product Categories is checked. Then it will show up in your selection area on the left side of the window.
How do you show product category in menu?
How to display WooCommerce categories in your menu
- Step 1: Enable WooCommerce Categories. Go to Appearance > Menus and expand the “Screen Options” section at the top right of the page. ...
- Step 2: Menu Setup. Create a Shop menu item then add your Product categories as sub menu items. ...
- Step 3: Mega Menu Setup. ...
- Step 4: Adding Icons to the categories. ...
- Step 5: Styling the text.
How do I show product categories on WooCommerce shop page?
If you want to display product categories on your Shop page instead of just products, follow these steps:
- Click on Appearance > Customize.
- Then go to WooCommerce > Product Catalog.
- Select “Show categories” from Shop Page Display.
- Click on Save Changes.
How do I find the category of a URL in WordPress?
If you choose to use a plugin you make take the category ID from plugin settings. which will return an array. If you iterate through that array, you'll find your category in there. I'm pretty sure it'll be in the same spot for all URLs.
How do I show all categories in a WordPress list?
$args = array( 'style' => 'none' ); Finally, you can ask WordPress to display a link to all your categories thanks to the option show_option_all . You give a string to this option, and WordPress will display a new link, pointing to all of your categories.
How do I find the current category ID in WordPress?
Get Current Category ID
$category = get_queried_object(); echo $category->term_id; Just place that code in any template file where a category has been queried, such as category archive pages, and you will be able to get the category id no problem.